The Basics for Brushing Your Braces
Orthodontic braces need brushing just like your teeth. If your braces begin to fail, their effectiveness shall fail as well. The more care you give to them, the greater care and faster recovery time they can give to you. Simple tasks as easy as brushing your teeth more effectively can pay huge dividends for your braces and your overall oral hygiene. Here a few basics for brushing your braces:
– Continue brushing your teeth (and your retainer) twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
– Continue your regularly scheduled cleanings and exams with your dentist.
– Go to your regularly scheduled appointment with your orthodontists at Tretter Orthodontics. Missed appointments will only delay your recovery time.
– Avoid foods that can get stuck in your braces and lead to tooth decay. This includes corn on the cob, chewy foods such as taffy, hard foods such as apples, and various nuts and snacks.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– To protect your teeth and jaw, wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports. Your orthodontist can recommend a specific mouth guard for individuals with braces.
Remember to brush safely, effectively, and twice daily. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your braces, please make an appointment by contacting our wonderful team at Tretter Orthodontics via phone at 513-697-9999. You can also stop by our office in Cincinnati, Ohio. Let us craft you the smile you’ve been waiting for!